A Shift Manager is required for our client who is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Their vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
The Shift Manager fulfills a senior role within the site management team, providing front line Operational leadership and management at the Energy from Waste facility in Buckinghamshire. On a day to day basis, this individual will be responsible for all aspects of the safe, compliant and efficient operation of the facility.
Key Responsibilities of the role include, but are not restricted to:
- Site Control Person, and Senior Authorised Person: Electrical (including HV) and Mechanical under the clients GE+ Safety Rules.
- Co-ordinating safety with regard to work activities, releasing plant for maintenance and carrying out isolation, high voltage switching and preparation and issue of safety documentation in line with client GE+ Safety Rules.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day Safety and Environmental performance of the facility, in accordance with relevant HSE legislation and guidance, and the site PPC Permit.
- Participating in employee recruitment, selection, reviews and training.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation relevant to power generation.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the principles and operations of steam driven power plant.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution systems, their protection and switching.
- Experience of working in a technically challenging and politically sensitive environment.
- Computer literateDeputising for the Operations Manager when designated to do so
- Minimum of HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline, or agreed technical qualification/operational experience equivalent.
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience in a steam powered power plant operations role.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Electricity Supply Industry standard Safe Systems of work, Safety Rules and Permit for Work Systems.
Essential Personal Qualities
- Strong leadership qualities, skilled in delivering measurable results through others, with the proven ability to select, build, develop and inspire strong teams.
- Flexible and performance driven, with the commitment, determination and resilience to deliver added value to operational performance.
- The ability to communicate and influence effectively, and work collaboratively, at all levels.
- The ability to effectively manage third parties.
- Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to engage in and develop successful long term employee and industrial relations
- Senior Authorised Person status: Electrical (including HV) and Mechanical.
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification.
- Experience of steam powered Energy from Waste.
- Knowledge and understanding of HV distribution systems, their protection, and switching up to 33KV.
- Experience in the identification and delivery of change programmes that have a positive impact on operational and business requirements.
Excellent package offered to the right candidates including:
- Medical + Relocation if applicable.
- A Full Job Description will be forwarded to suitable candidates.